Energy Plus® maintains this site to provide you with information about our products and services and to facilitate communication with Energy Plus. From time to time Energy Plus may revise these terms and conditions.
COPYRIGHT - Copyright in these pages, screens, text and images appearing in the site and in their arrangement is owned by Energy Plus or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the site may not be copied, displayed, distributed, licensed, modified, published, sold, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of Energy Plus.
TRADEMARKS - The information contained at the site is copyright © by Energy Plus. All rights reserved.
USE OF INFORMATION AND MATERIALS - Not all of the products and services described on this site are available in all geographic areas. You may not be eligible for all the products or services described. Energy Plus reserves the right to determine the eligibility for any product or service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - We will use our best efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the site, but we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. You agree that your access and use of the site and its contents is at your own risk.
NO WARRANTY - ENERGY PLUS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH REGARD TO ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED OR OBTAINED FROM A PERSON OR ENTITY OTHER THAN ENERGY PLUS AND ENERGY PLUS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO SUCH SERVICES OR PRODUCTS.
GOVERNING LAW - You agree that your use of this site shall be governed by all applicable Federal laws and the law of the state of Pennsylvania.
COOKIES - "Cookies" are small computer files that are automatically placed on your computer's hard drive when you are connected to a website or remote server so that the website can recognize you upon your return to the website and tailor your experience based on your earlier use of the site. "Action tags" (also known as Web Beacons, Trackers, or Bugs) are invisible pixel .gif files placed on web pages that are used to track web navigation to those pages.
We also may place web advertisements that link to our site from other websites. The companies that place or "serve" the advertisements use their own cookies, which are different from the cookie on the site on which the advertising appears. In order to determine your comfort level with these companies' information practices you should review their privacy policies.
This Privacy Notice covers the activities of the following Energy Plus entities:
- Energy Plus Holdings LLC
- Energy Plus Natural Gas LLC
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information That Energy Plus Collects
We collect and maintain different types of personal information about individuals with whom we interact. This information includes:
- Contact and identification information, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date and place of birth, mother’s maiden name, SSN and driver’s license number;
- Product and service related information, such as information on your energy needs and use (i.e. characteristics about your home, family size, etc.);
- Credit and financial information such as billing, credit history or payment history; credit card numbers, banking information and employment and income information;
- Customer relationship information, such as customer service requests; and
- Business relationship information.
How Energy Plus Collects and Uses Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information to allow us to manage and develop our business and operations. Specifically, we collect your Personal Information when establishing a business relationship with you, including enrollment for services provided by Energy Plus, and for obtaining credit approval for the establishment of such services.
In addition, we use your Personal Information in the management and development of our business and operations, including:
- Establishing and managing business relations with you;
- Reviewing the products and services that we provide to you;
- Obtaining credit approval;
- Informing you of our products and services other than those that you have specifically requested;
- Informing you of products and services Energy Plus, or carefully selected third parties, may wish to offer you;
- Responding to your comments or requests for information or services;
- Collecting for payment(s) due;
- Communicating with our partners for the purpose of administering rewards or other benefits based on account usage;
- Protecting Energy Plus against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
How Energy Plus Protects Your Personal Information
Energy Plus will endeavor to safeguard Personal Information using reasonable procedures to protect against the unlawful use or disclosure of your Personal Information, and will specifically ensure to maintain the confidentiality and security of your SSN. We will, from time to time, modify our procedures as needed in order to protect and maintain the security of your Personal Information.
Access to and Disclosure of Personal Information
The following persons and parties have access or may be provided access to some or all of your Personal Information in order to assist Energy Plus in establishing, maintaining and managing our business relationship with you:
- Authorized employees of Energy Plus;
- Authorized parties, including third parties who provide services to Energy Plus or on our behalf or third parties who collaborate with Energy Plus in the provision of services to you.
In addition, your Personal Information may be disclosed when, for example, it is:
- Permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- During emergency situations or when necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- Personal Information that is already available to the public by federal, state or local government;
- To any party upon your consent.
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
It is important that the Personal Information Energy Plus holds about you is accurate and current. Energy Plus requires you to keep us informed of changes to any Personal Information.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you want to know what Personal Information Energy Plus holds about you or wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at the address listed below. It may not always be possible to modify or remove completely information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your written request.
How Does Energy Plus Dispose Of Personal Information
For Personal Information that is not to be retained by Energy Plus for any reason, we will destroy or arrange for the destruction of the records that contain sensitive Personal Information, which includes your SSN.
Energy Plus complies with the most recent revisions to the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM Act).
Your Acceptance of These Terms