Energy Plus Logo
The Your Rights as a Customer disclosure document summarizes your rights as a customer as related to your purchase of energy from Energy Plus Holdings LLC (Energy Plus) (PUCT certificate No.10172), and is based on customer protection rules adopted by the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT).  These rules apply to all retail electric providers and the providers of last resort (POLR), unless otherwise noted.  You may view the PUCT's rules at  Your Agreement with Energy Plus includes the Terms of Service, the Electricity Facts Label (EFL), your enrollment authorization, and the Your Rights as a Customer (YRAC) disclosure document, as they all may be amended from time to time.  The word “REP” refers to Energy Plus as the Retail Electric Provider of your choice.  The words “you” and “your” refer to the customer.
Por favor refiérase a la parte inferior de este documento para leer esta información en español.
Energy Plus Contact Information:
Mailing address:  Energy Plus Holdings LLC, 3711 Market Street, 10th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Toll-free Customer Service telephone number:  (877) 710-5550
Customer Service hours:  Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CST (24-hour automated phone service)
Email address:
Fax:  (866) 857-8014
Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT):
Consumer Protection Division
P.O. Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711-3326
Direct:  (512) 936-7120
Toll Free:  (888) 782-8477
Fax:  (512) 936-7003
Internet Web Address:
E-mail Address:
To Report Outages, please contact the Transmission and Distribution Service Provider (TDSP) for your area, as listed below (Toll Free; 24 Hour Service):
CENTERPOINT ENERGY:  (800) 332-7143
SHARYLAND UTILITIES:  (866) 354-3335
TEXAS-NEW MEXICO POWER:  (888) 866-7456
ONCOR:  (888) 313-4747
Obtaining Service: 
Low-Income Assistance Programs:  In the event that funding and authorization to expend funds are sufficient for the PUCT to administer a low-income rate reduction program, the following paragraph applies:  A customer who receives food stamps, Medicaid, TANF or SSI from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) automatically qualifies for a discount on electric service through the LITEUP Texas program.  Customers who do not currently receive these benefits, but whose household income is not more than 125% of the federal poverty guidelines may apply for the discount.  Contact LITE-UP Texas toll-free at (866) 4-LITE-UP or (866) 454-8387 for information on how to obtain the discounted rate.  See information on additional financial and energy assistance programs at
Unauthorized Change of Service Provider or Slamming:  An REP must obtain your verifiable authorization before switching your electric service.  If you believe your electric service has been switched without your authorization, you should contact your chosen REP and request that the REP provide you with a copy of your authorization and verification.  The REP must submit this to you within 5 business days of your request.  If you are not satisfied with this response, you may also file a complaint with the PUCT at the address above.  Upon receipt of a complaint filed with the PUCT, the REP must respond within 21 days of receipt of the complaint, providing all documentation relied upon by the REP related to authorization to switch, and any corrective actions taken to date, if any.

If a REP is serving your account without proper authorization, they must work with other market participants to take all actions necessary to return you to your original REP as quickly as possible.  Your original REP has the right to bill you at the price disclosed in your terms of service from either: 1) the date you are returned to your original REP, or 2) any prior date chosen by your original REP for which that REP had the authorization to serve you.  The REP that served you without proper authorization shall, within five days from the date that your service is returned to your original REP, refund all charges paid for the time period the original REP ultimately bills you.  In addition, the REP that served you without your authorization is responsible for paying all charges associated with returning your service to your REP of choice.  For periods that the unauthorized REP served you that are not billed to you by your original REP, the REP that served you without your authorization may bill you, but at a rate no higher than the rate you would have been charged by your original REP.
Right of Rescission:  When requesting a switch in service providers, you may rescind your Terms of Service with the new REP without any penalty or fee within three (3) federal business days after you receive your Terms of Service.  For details on how to rescind, please see your Terms of Service.  This right of rescission does not apply if you are moving into a new service address, if your service is switched to the POLR, or if your service is “dropped” to an affiliated REP for non-payment.  If you do not rescind your request for service within this three (3) federal business day period, you retain the right to select another REP and may do so by contacting that REP, although you will be responsible for any charges incurred to switch your service.  See your Terms of Service for details regarding cancelling or terminating your contract.
Unauthorized Charges or Cramming:  Before any new charges are included on your electric bill, your REP must inform you of the product or service, all associated charges, how these charges will appear on your electric bill, and obtain your consent to accept the product or service.  Your REP must provide you with a toll-free telephone number and address that you may use to resolve any billing dispute or to ask questions about your bill.  If you believe your electric bill includes unauthorized charges, you may contact your REP to dispute such charges and may file a complaint with the PUCT.  Your REP will not seek to terminate your electric service for nonpayment of an unauthorized charge or file an unfavorable credit report against you for disputed unpaid charges that are alleged to be unauthorized, unless the dispute is ultimately resolved against you. 
If the charges are determined to be unauthorized, your REP will cease charging you for the unauthorized service or product, remove the unauthorized charge from your bill, and refund or credit all money you paid for any unauthorized charge within forty five (45) days.  If charges are not refunded or credited within three (3) billing cycles, interest shall by paid to you at an annual rate established by the PUCT on the amount of any unauthorized charge until it is refunded or credited.  You may request all billing records under the REP’s control related to any unauthorized charges within fifteen (15) business days after the date the unauthorized charge is removed from your bill.  Your REP will not re-bill you for any charges determined to be unauthorized.
Payment Plans:
If a customer contacts the REP and indicates an inability to pay, the REP must inform the customer of all applicable payment options and payment assistance programs that are offered by or available from the REP.  Payment plans are available to customers who are not currently delinquent in payment to the REP.  If you do not fulfill the terms of the payment arrangement, deferred payment plan, or the level or average billing program, your service may be disconnected as discussed below.   For additional details on these programs, please see your Terms of Service or contact your REP. 
Deferred Payment Plans:  Energy Plus offers a Deferred Payment Plan which allows a residential customer to pay an outstanding balance in installments over a period of time. To enroll in a Deferred Payment Plan Energy Plus may require from you an initial payment of 50% of the outstanding balance on your account and for the remaining balance to be paid over five billing cycles.  Your service may be terminated and disconnected if you do not meet the terms of the Deferred Payment Plan issued to you.  You may request a deferred payment plan for bills that become due during extreme weather emergencies, during governor-declared disasters as directed by the Texas Public Utility Commission, or if you have been underbilled by $50 or more. 
You may also request a deferred payment plan for bills that become due in July, August or September (or in January or February in certain situations) if you are receiving the LITE-UP (low-income) discount, are designated as a Chronic Condition or Critical Care Residential Customer, or if you cannot pay your bill on time unless (1) you have been disconnected for non-payment during the previous 12 months, (2) have made more than two payments during the previous 12 months that were returned due to insufficient funds available or, (3) you have received service from Energy Plus for less than three months and you lack sufficient credit or a satisfactory history of payment for electric service from a previous retail electric provider.  If you are on a deferred payment plan, your account will be subject to a switch-hold.  A switch-hold means that you will not be able to buy electricity from other companies until you pay the total deferred balance.  The switch-hold will be removed after your deferred balance is paid.  While a switch-hold applies, if you are disconnected for not paying, you will need to pay us to get your electricity turned back on.
Average Billing Plan:  Energy Plus offers an average billing plan. With this plan your monthly payment will be based on the historical usage associated with your account. Your monthly payment amount may be adjusted quarterly based on your actual usage.  We will notify you of any change in your average payment amount. Energy Plus will reconcile your account at least annually and may charge or credit your account based on any difference between actual usage charges and payments received under the average billing plan.  This program is available to any customer who is not currently delinquent in payment to Energy Plus and any residential customer eligible to receive the LITE-UP discount.  In the event the Terms of Service are canceled or terminated or your electric service is disconnected, the level or average billing option does not affect your obligation to pay for all actual usage.
Meter Testing:  A customer has the right to request a meter test at no additional cost.  The REP can make this request on behalf of the customer and the customer has the right to be instructed on how to read the meter.  If a test is performed more than once in a four year period and the meter is determined to be functioning properly, then you may be charged a fee for the additional meter test(s) at the rate approved for your TDSP. The TDSP or REP will advise you of the test results, including the test date, testing person and, if applicable, the removal date of the meter.
Termination of Service:  Your REP may terminate your electric service for reasons other than non-payment as specified in your Term of Service.  You may terminate your agreement with your REP without penalty in the event that you move to another premise or your REP notifies you of a material change in the terms and conditions of service as stipulated in the Terms of Service.  See your Terms of Service for other details regarding terminating your contract.
Disconnection of Service:  Your REP may authorize the disconnection of your electric service, after proper notice, for any of the following reasons:  (i) your failure to pay any bill for electric service owed to your REP or to make deferred payment arrangements by the date of disconnection stated on a disconnection notice sent to you after your bill became past due; (ii) your failure to comply with the terms of a deferred payment agreement; (iii) using service in a manner that interferes with the service of others; (iv) your failure to pay a required deposit; (v) the operation of nonstandard equipment; or (vi) your failure as a guarantor to comply with the terms of an agreement to pay on another service account for which you guaranteed payment.  In addition, your REP may authorize the disconnection of your electric service without prior notice for any of the reasons set forth in Section 25.483(d) of the PUCT’s rules and regulations ( 
Prior to disconnecting your service, your REP must provide you with a written disconnection notice.  This notice must be mailed to you separately (or hand-delivered) no earlier than the first day after the date your bill is due.  The disconnection date must be 10 days (21 days for Critical Care or Chronic Condition Residential Customers) from the date the notice was issued and may not fall on a holiday or weekend (or the day preceding) unless the REP’s personnel are available to take payments and service can be reconnected. A disconnection notice for a Critical Care or Chronic Condition Residential Customer will be mailed to the residential customer and a designated secondary contact.

Each time a Critical Care Residential Customer seeks to avoid disconnection of service the customer shall 1) have their physician contact their REP to confirm the customer is a Critical Care Residential Customer, 2) have their physician submit a written statement to the REP confirming that the customer is a Critical Care Residential Customer and, 3) enter into a Deferred Payment Plan.
Your service cannot be disconnected for any of the following reasons:
Critical Care or Chronic Condition Residential Customers:  If a residential customer has a person permanently residing in his or her home who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a serious medical condition that requires an electric-powered medical device or electric heating or cooling to prevent the impairment of a major life function through a significant deterioration or exacerbation of the person's medical condition, he or she may qualify as a Chronic Care Residential Customer. If a residential customer has a person permanently residing in his or her home who has been diagnosed by a physician as being dependent upon an electric-powered medical device to sustain life, he or she may qualify as a Critical Care Residential Customer.
Upon your request, your REP will provide you with the PUCT’s standardized Application for Chronic Condition or Critical Care Residential Customer Status, which you or your physician must complete and return to the TDU.  The request will be evaluated and approved by the TDU; however, a customer may appeal the eligibility determination to the TDU.  If not satisfied with the results of this appeal, the customer may file a complaint with the PUCT.  Qualification as a Critical Care or Chronic Condition Residential Customer does not relieve you of your obligation to pay for electric services.  A Critical Care or Chronic Condition Residential Customer who needs payment assistance is encouraged to contact their REP immediately regarding possible deferred payment options or other assistance that may be offered by the REP.
Availability of Provider of Last Resort (POLR):  If you are notified that Energy Plus declines to renew this Agreement and you are subject to termination or disconnection of your electric service, or if your service is terminated or disconnected, you may seek to obtain services from another REP or the POLR.  You have the option to request service from the POLR, which offers a basic, standard retail service package.  You may call 1-866-PWR-4-TEX or visit for more information about the default POLR in your area.
Restoration of Service:  If your service has been disconnected by your REP for non-payment, your REP or the POLR will, upon satisfactory correction of the reasons for the disconnection, notify your TDSP to reconnect your service. If your service was disconnected due to a dangerous situation, your service will be reconnected once you demonstrate to your REP or the POLR that you have corrected the dangerous situation.
Complaint Resolution:  Please contact your REP if you have specific comments, questions or complaints.  Upon receipt of a complaint, your REP must investigate and notify you of the results within 21 days.  If you are dissatisfied with the results of the investigation, you may request a supervisory review.  Your REP must advise you of the results of the supervisory review within 10 business days of your request.  If you are dissatisfied with the results of the investigation or supervisory review, you may file a complaint with the PUCT or the Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division.  Please include your name and account number, as well as an explanation of the facts and the resolution you desire in your complaint.  For a complaint involving a disputed bill, your REP may not initiate collection activities or disconnection activities or report the delinquency to a consumer reporting agency with respect to the disputed portion of your bill.  However, after appropriate notice, your REP may disconnect your service for non-payment of any undisputed portion of the bill.
Other Protections: 
Language Availability:  You may request to receive information from your REP in Spanish or any language in which you were initially solicited.  This includes the Terms of Service, Electricity Facts Label, bills and bill notices, information on new electric services, discount programs, promotions, and access to customer assistance.  You will receive this Your Rights as a Customer document and disconnection notices in English and Spanish, or English and your designated language, if you have designated a language other than Spanish and were originally solicited in that language. 
Do Not Call Lists:The PUCT maintains Do Not Call Lists of customers who do not want to receive telemarketing calls for electric and/or telephone service.  Placing your name, address and telephone number on this list will identify you as someone who does not wish to receive telemarketing calls at home. To register for the Do Not Call list visit or call toll-free 1-866-896-6225. You can also register via mail by sending your completed registration form to Texas "No Call Lists", P.O. Box 313, E. Walpole, MA 02032. Online registration is free and registration via phone or mail is $2.25 per number added to the list. The registration fee must be paid via credit card when registering over the phone or by check, money order, or credit card when registering by mail. When you register for the no-call list you can expect to stop receiving telemarketing calls. Your registered residential telephone number(s) will remain on this list for three years. If you are a business customer, the “Electric No Call” list has been created to prevent calls from REPs and telemarketers calling about your electric service. There is a registration charge of $2.55 for each number placed on the “Electric No Call” list. Numbers placed on this list will remain on the list five years. Only business numbers can be added to the “Electric No Call” list.

Privacy Rights: 
Except as described below, REPs may not release your proprietary customer information to any other person without your consent.  This includes your name, address, account number, type or classification of service, historical electricity usage, expected patterns of use, types of facilities used in providing service, individual contract terms and conditions, price, current charges or billing records.  This prohibition does not apply to the release of your information under certain circumstances as allowed by law, including release to the PUCT, an agent of your REP, consumer reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, or your TDSP.  A REP may also share this information with a third party for the purpose of marketing such party’s products or services to you after you are provided an opportunity to opt-out of the release of your information.  In addition, this prohibition does not apply to the release of your historical usage upon request and authorization of a current customer or applicant of a premise.  Industrial and commercial customers may contact their REP or TDSP and designate that their prior historical usage is competitively sensitive in order to prevent the release of this information.


El documento de información sobre Sus Derechos Como Cliente sintetiza sus derechos como cliente en lo que se refiere a su compra a Energy Plus Holdings LLC (Energy Plus) (PUCT certificado Nº10172), y se basa en las normas de protección al consumidor adoptadas por la Comisión De Servicios Públicos de Texas (PUCT por sus siglas en inglés). Estas normas se aplican a todos los proveedores minoristas de electricidad y a los proveedores de última instancia (POLR por sus siglas en inglés) a menos que se indique algo diferente. Usted puede analizar las normas de la PUCT en el sitio Su contrato con Energy Plus incluye las Condiciones del Servicio, la Etiqueta de Hechos sobre Electricidad (EFL), su autorización de inscripción y el documento de información de Sus Derechos Como Cliente (YRAC), con las modificaciones que pudieren tener de tiempo en tiempo. El término "REP" se refiere a Energy Plus como Proveedor Minorista de Electricidad elegido por usted. Las palabras "usted" y "su" se refieren al cliente.

Por favor refiérase a la parte inferior de este documento para leer esta información en español.

Información de contacto de Energy Plus:
Sitio web:
Dirección de correo: Energy Plus Holdings LLC, 3711 Market Street, 10th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Número de teléfono gratuito de Servicio al Cliente: (877) 710-5550
Horario de atención de Servicio al Cliente: Lunes a viernes, de 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m. CST (servicio telefónico automatizado las 24 horas)
Dirección de correo electrónico:
Facsímile: (866) 857-8014

Comisión de Servicios Públicos de Texas (PUCT):
División de Protección al Consumidor
P.O. Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711-3326
Directo: (512) 936-7120
Línea gratuita: (888) 782-8477
Facsímile: (512) 936-7003
Dirección en la Web de Internet:
Dirección de correo electrónico:

Para informar falta de servicio, por favor comuníquese con el Proveer de Servicio de Transmisión y Distribución (TDSP) de su área, según se enumera más abajo (Línea telefónica gratuita; servicio las 24 horas):
CENTERPOINT ENERGY: (800) 332-7143
TEXAS-NEW MEXICO POWER: (888) 866-7456
ONCOR: (888) 313-4747

Cómo obtener servicio:
Programas de Ayuda de Bajos Ingresos: En el caso de que los fondos y la autorización para erogar fondos fueren suficientes para que la PUCT administre un programa de reducción de tarifa por bajos ingresos, se aplica el siguiente párrafo: El cliente que recibiere estampillas de comida, Medicaid, TANF o SSI de la Comisión de Salud y Servicios Humanos de Texas (HHSC) está automáticamente en condiciones de obtener un descuento sobre el servicio de electricidad a través del programa LITEUP Texas. Los clientes que no reciben actualmente esos beneficios, pero cuyos ingresos para todo el hogar no exceden el 125% de los lineamientos federales de pobreza, pueden presentar una solicitud para el descuento. Comuníquese con la línea telefónica gratuita de LITE-UP Texas al (866) 4-LITE-UP o al (866) 454-8387 para obtener información sobre cómo obtener la tarifa con descuento. Vea la información sobre programas adicionales de asistencia financiera y eléctrica en

Cambio no autorizado de Proveedor de Servicio o Slamming: El REP debe obtener su autorización verificable antes de cambiar su servicio eléctrico. Si usted cree que su servicio eléctrico ha sido cambiado sin su autorización, debe comunicarse con el REP que usted ha elegido y pedirle que le de una copia de su autorización y verificación. El REP debe enviarle la autorización y la verificación dentro de los 5 días hábiles luego de su pedido. Si usted no está satisfecho con esta respuesta, puede también iniciar un reclamo ante la PUCT en el domicilio mencionado anteriormente. Luego de recibir un reclamo presentado ante la PUCT, el REP Debe responder dentro de los 21 días luego de recibido el reclamo, brindando toda la documentación sobre la que se basó el REP con relación a la autorización para hacer el cambio y a las medidas correctivas tomadas hasta la fecha, si las hubiere.

Si un REP está atendiendo su cuenta sin la autorización debida, ellos deberán trabajar con otros participantes del mercado para tomar todas las medidas necesarias para que usted vuelva a su REP original tan pronto como sea posible. Su REP original tiene el derecho de facturarle al precio que se muestra en sus condiciones de servicio desde: 1) la fecha en que usted es devuelto a su REP original, o 2) la fecha anterior elegida por su REP original para la cual ese REP tenía la autorización para brindarle servicio a usted. El REP que le dio servicio a usted sin la debida autorización deberá reintegrar, dentro de los cinco días desde la fecha en que su servicio es devuelto a su REP original, todos los cargos pagados por el plazo que el REP original finalmente le facture a usted. Además, el REP que le brindó servicio sin su autorización es responsable por el pago de todos los cargos asociados con la devolución de su servicio al REP elegido por usted. Para los períodos en que el REP no autorizado le brindó servicio a usted que no fueren facturados a usted por su REP original, el REP que le dio servicio sin su autorización podrá facturarle, pero a una tarifa no mayor que la tarifa que le habría cobrado a usted su REP original.

Derecho de rescisión: Al pedir un cambio en los proveedores de servicio, usted puede rescindir sus Condiciones de Servicio con el nuevo REP sin penalidad o tarifa alguna, dentro de los tres (3) días hábiles federales después de que usted haya recibido sus Condiciones de Servicio. Para obtener detalles sobre cómo hacer la rescisión, por favor vea sus Condiciones de Servicio. Este derecho de rescisión no se aplica si usted se está mudando a una nueva dirección de servicio, si su servicio es cambiado al POLR o si su servicio es "dado de baja" a un REP asociado por falta de pago. Si usted no rescinde su pedido de servicio dentro de este período de tres (3) días hábiles federales, usted tiene el derecho de elegir otro REP y puede hacerlo comunicándose con ese REP, aunque usted será responsable por los cargos incurridos para hacer el cambio de su servicio. Vea sus Condiciones de Servicio para obtener detalles relacionados con la cancelación o conclusión de su contrato.

Cargos no autorizados o Cramming: Antes de que se incluyan nuevos cargos en su factura de electricidad, su REP debe informarle sobre el producto o servicio, todos los cargos asociados, cómo esos cargos van a aparecer en su factura de electricidad, y debe obtener su consentimiento a aceptar el producto o servicio. Su REP debe proveerle un número de teléfono con línea gratuita y un domicilio que usted pueda usar para resolver cualquier controversia sobre facturación o para hacer preguntas sobre su factura. Si usted cree que su factura de electricidad incluye cargos no autorizados, puede comunicarse con su REP para impugnar esos cargos y puede presentar un reclamo ante la PUCT. Su REP no intentará terminar el servicio eléctrico por la falta de pago de un cargo no autorizado ni presentará un informe crediticio desfavorable contra usted por los cargos impagos impugnados que se sostiene que no son autorizados, a menos que la controversia sea decidida en última instancia contra usted. Si se determina que los cargos no están autorizados su REP dejará de cobrarle el servicio o producto no autorizado, quitará el cargo no autorizado de su factura y reembolsará o acreditará todo el dinero que usted haya pagado por cualquier cargo no autorizado dentro de cuarenta y cinco (45) días. Si los cargos no fueran reembolsados o acreditados dentro de tres (3) ciclos de facturación, se le pagarán intereses a una tasa anual establecida por la PUCT sobre el monto de todo cargo no autorizado, hasta que el mismo sea reembolsado o acreditado. Usted puede pedir todos los registros de facturación bajo control del REP relacionados con cargos no autorizados dentro de los quince (15) días hábiles después de la fecha en que el cargo no autorizado es retirado de su factura. Su REP no volverá a facturarle a usted por los cargos que hayan sido declarados no autorizados.

Planes de pago:
Si un cliente se comunica con el REP y le manifiesta la incapacidad de pagar, el REP deberá informar al cliente sobre todas las opciones de pago aplicables y los programas de ayuda para el pago que fuesen ofrecidos por el REP o estuvieren disponibles. Hay planes de pago disponibles para los clientes que no están en mora en el pago al REP. Si usted no cumple con las condiciones del arreglo de pago, con el plan de pago diferido o con el programa de facturación promedio o por nivel, su servicio podrá ser desconectado según se comenta más adelante. Para obtener más detalles sobre estos programas, por favor, vea sus Condiciones de Servicio o comuníquese con su REP.

Plan de pagos diferidos: Energy Plus ofrece un Plan de Pagos Diferidos el cual permite a los clientes residenciales pagar un saldo pendiente en pagos durante un cierto periodo de tiempo. Para suscribirse en un Plan de Pagos Diferidos Energy Plus puede requerir de usted un pago inicial por el 50% del saldo pendiente en su cuenta y que el saldo restante sea pagado en cinco ciclos de facturación.  Su servicio puede ser suspendido y desconectado si usted no cumple con los términos  del Plan de Pagos Diferidos que le fueron expedidos.  Usted puede solicitar un plan de pagos diferidos para facturas que se han vencido durante emergencias de clima extremo, durante la declaración de desastre por el gobernador  como prescrito por la Comisión de Servicios Públicos de Texas, o si usted ha sido facturado por debajo de $50 o más. 
Usted también puede solicitar un plan de pagos diferidos para facturas vencidas en julio, agosto, o septiembre (o en enero o febrero en ciertas circunstancias) si usted está recibiendo el descuento LITE-UP (ingreso bajo), son designados como una Condición Crónica o un Cliente Residencial de Cuidado Crítico, o si usted no puede pagar su factura a tiempo a menos que (1)  usted haya sido desconectado por falta de pago durante los 12 meses anteriores, (2) haya hecho más de dos pagos durante los 12 meses previos que hayan sido regresados por insuficiencia de fondos disponibles o, (3) usted haya recibido servicio de Energy Plus por menos de tres meses y no haya tenido suficiente crédito o una historia satisfactoria de pago por el servicio eléctrico por parte de un proveedor de electricidad minorista anterior. Si usted está en un plan de pagos diferidos, su cuenta estará sujeta a bloqueo del interruptor.  Un bloqueo del interruptor significa que usted no podrá comprar electricidad de otras compañías hasta que pague el total del saldo diferido.  El bloqueo del interruptor será removido después de que el saldo diferido haya sido pagado.   Mientras se aplique el bloqueo del interruptor, si usted es desconectado por falta de pago, necesitará pagarnos por la reconexión de su electricidad.
Plan de Facturación Promedio:  Energy Plus ofrece un plan de facturación promedio.  Con este plan sup ago mensual estará basado en la historia de uso relacionada con su cuenta.  Su pago mensual podría ser ajustado trimestralmente basándose en su uso real.  Le notificaremos de cualquier cambio en la cantidad de pago promedio.  Energy Plus conciliará su cuenta por lo menos anualmente y podría hacer un cargo o acreditar en su cuenta basada en cualquier diferencia entre los cargos del uso real y los pagos recibidos bajo el plan de facturación promedio. Este programa está disponible para cualquier cliente que no sea moroso en su pago a Energy Plus y cualquier cliente residencial elegible para recibir el descuento LITE-UP.  En caso de que los Términos de Servicio sean cancelados o finalizados o que su servicio eléctrico sea desconectado, el nivel o la opción de facturación promedio no alterará su obligación de pagar por todo el uso real.

Prueba del medidor: El cliente tiene el derecho de pedir una prueba de medidor sin costo adicional. El REP puede realizar este pedido en nombre del cliente y el cliente tiene el derecho de ser informado sobre cómo leer el medidor. Si se realizara una prueba más de una vez en un período de cuatro años y se determinase que el medidor funciona adecuadamente, entonces podrá cobrársele una tarifa por las pruebas de medidor adicionales, a la tarifa aprobada para su TDSP. El TDSP o el REP le informarán a usted sobre los resultados de la prueba, incluyendo la fecha de la prueba, la persona que la llevó a cabo y si correspondiere, la fecha en que se retiró el medidor.

Conclusión del Servicio: Su REP podrá concluir el servicio eléctrico que le brinda a uste por otras razones que no sean la falta de pago, según lo especificado en sus Condiciones de Servicio. Usted podrá concluir su contrato con su REP sin penalidad alguna en el caso de que usted se mudare a otro lugar o si su REP le notificara sobre un cambio importante en los términos y condiciones de servicio estipulados en las Condiciones del Servicio. Vea sus Condiciones del Servicio para obtener otros detalles con relación a la conclusión de su contrato.

Desconexión del servicio: Su REP podrá autorizar la desconexión de su servicio eléctrico, después de darle el aviso adecuado, por cualquiera de las siguientes razones: (I) su falta de pago de alguna factura por servicio eléctrico adeudada a su REP o por no haber hecho los arreglos para un pago diferido a la fecha de la desconexión informada en el aviso de desconexión enviado a usted después de que su factura hubiere vencido, (II) su incumplimiento de los términos de un acuerdo de pago diferido, (III) por usar el servicio en una manera que interfiera con el servicio de otros, (IV) por su omisión en hacer un depósito requerido, (V) por la operación de equipo no estándar, o (VI) su incumplimiento como garante de los términos de un acuerdo de pago de otra cuenta de servicio, por la cual usted garantizó el pago. Además, su REP podrá autorizar la desconexión de su servicio eléctrico sin aviso previo por cualquiera de las razones establecidas en el Artículo 25.483(d) de las normas y regulaciones de la PUCT (

Antes de desconectar su servicio, su REP debe darle un aviso de desconexión por escrito. Este aviso debe serle enviado a usted por correo por separado (o entregado en mano) no antes del primer día después de la fecha de vencimiento de su factura. La fecha de desconexión debe ser 10 días (21 días para clientes residenciales en estado de condición crónica o cuidado critico) desde la fecha de emisión del aviso y no podrá caer en un día feriado ni en fin de semana (ni en el día anterior), a menos que el personal del REP estuviere disponible para recibir pagos y el servicio pueda ser reconectado.

Un aviso de desconexión para un cliente residencial en estado de condición crónica o cuidado crítico será enviado al cliente y un contacto secundario designado. Cada vez que un cliente residencial en estado de condición crónica o cuidado critico procura evitar desconexión el cliente 1) debe de tener  su médico contactar a su REP para confirmar que el cliente está en un estado de condición crónica o cuidado critico, 2) el médico debe someter una declaración escrita al REP como confirmación que el cliente está en un estado de condición crónica o cuidado critico y, 3) entrar en un Plan de Pago Diferido.

Su servicio no puede ser desconectado por ninguna de las siguientes razones:

Clientes de cuidado crítico: Si la interrupción o suspensión de su servicio eléctrico crearía una situación peligrosa o de amenaza para la vida, usted puede reunir los requisitos para ser calificado como cliente residencial de cuidado crítico. A su pedido, su REP le dará el Formulario estándar de Determinación de la Situación de Cuidado Crítico de la PUCT, el cual usted deberá completar y devolver a su REP. El pedido de cuidado crítico es evaluado y aprobado por el TDSP; sin embargo, el cliente puede apelar ante el TDSP la determinación de situación hecha. Si no estuviere satisfecho con los resultados de esta apelación, el cliente puede presentar un reclamo ante la PUCT. Si fuere aprobado, la designación será válida por un año y su REP le enviará a usted una solicitud de renovación antes del vencimiento de su designación. La calificación como cliente de cuidado crítico no lo libera a usted de su obligación de pagar por los servicios de su REP o TDSP. Se le recomienda al cliente residencial de cuidado crítico que necesitare ayuda de pago a comunicarse con su REP o TDSP inmediatamente con relación a las opciones posibles de pago diferido u otra ayuda que pudiere ser ofrecida por el REP o el TDSP.

Disponibilidad de proveedor de última instancia (POLR): Si se le notificare que Energy Plus declina renovar este Contrato y usted está sujeto a la conclusión o desconexión de su servicio de electricidad, o si su servicio fuere concluido o desconectado, usted puede buscar obtener servicios de otro REP o del POLR. Usted tiene la opción de pedir el servicio al POLR, el cual ofrece un paquete de servicio minorista básico y estándar. Usted puede llamar al 1-866-PWR-4-TEX o visitar el sitio para obtener más información sobre el POLR de su área.

Restauración del servicio: Si su servicio ha sido desconectado por su REP por falta de pago, su REP o el POLR, luego de la corrección satisfactoria de las razones para la desconexión, notificará a su TDSP para reconectar su servicio. Si su servicio fue desconectado debido a una situación peligrosa, el mismo será reconectado una vez que usted demuestre a su REP o al POLR que usted ha corregido la situación peligrosa.

Solución de reclamos: Por favor comuníquese con su REP si tuviere comentarios específicos, preguntas o quejas. Al recibir una queja, su REP debe investigar y notificarle sobre los resultados dentro de los 21 días. Si usted no estuviere satisfecho con los resultados de la investigación, podrá pedir un estudio de supervisión. Su REP debe informarle los resultados del estudio de supervisión dentro de los 10 días hábiles de su pedido. Si usted no estuviere satisfecho con los resultados de la investigación o del estudio de supervisión, usted puede iniciar un reclamo ante la PUCT o la Oficina del Procurador General, División de Protección al Consumidor. Por favor, incluya su nombre y número de cuenta, así como también una explicación de los hechos y de la resolución que usted desea en su reclamo. Para un reclamo que involucra una factura en discusión, su REP no podrá iniciar actividades de cobro ni actividades de desconexión, ni informar el incumplimiento a una agencia de informes sobre consumidores, con respecto a la parte de su factura que está en discusión. Sin embargo, después de haberle dado el aviso pertinente, su REP podrá desconectar su servicio por falta de pago de la parte no discutida de la factura.

Otras protecciones:
Disponibilidad de idioma: Usted puede pedir recibir la información de su REP en español o en otro lenguaje en el cual se le hizo a usted el ofrecimiento inicialmente. Esto incluye las Condiciones del Servicio, la Etiqueta de Hechos de Electricidad, las facturas y los avisos de factura, la información sobre nuevos servicios eléctricos, programas de descuentos, promociones y acceso a la ayuda al cliente. Usted recibirá el documento ‘Sus Derechos Como Consumidor’ y los avisos de desconexión en inglés y español, o en inglés y su idioma designado, si usted hubiere designado un idioma que no sea el español y se le hubiera hecho el ofrecimiento originalmente en ese idioma.

Listade No Llamar: LaPUCTmantiene“Listas de no llamar” (Do Not Call) declientes quenodesean recibirllamadas detelemercadeodela energía eléctricay /oservicio telefónico.La registraciónde sunombre, dirección ynúmero deteléfono enesta listaleidentifica comoalguien quenodesea recibirllamadasde telemercadeoen su hogar. Para registrarse en ella Lista de No Llamar, visitewww.texasnocall.comollame gratis al1-866-896-6225. También puedeinscribirsepor correoenviandoel formulariode inscripción completoaTexas"Do Not Call Lists", POCaja313, E.Walpole, MA02032. Registrarse en líneaesgratuito. La inscripcióna través del teléfonoo por correocuesta$2.25 porcada númeroagregadoa lalista.La cuota deinscripcióndebe serpagadacon tarjetade créditoalregistrarsepor teléfonoo porcheque, giro postalo tarjeta decréditoalregistrarsepor correo. Una vez que esté registrado en la “Lista de No Llamar,” usted ya no debe recibir llamadas detelemercadeo. Su(s)número(s) deregistrotelefónicoresidencial(s) se mantendráen estalistadurante tresaños.Siusted esclientecomercial, la lista"ElectricNoLlamar "hasidocreada paraevitarlas llamadasde los representantes detelemercadeo de los “REP”yllamadas sobresuservicio eléctrico.Hayuna cuotade registrode $2.55por cadanúmero inscrito enel"ElectricNoLlamar. "  Los númeroscolocadosen estalistase mantendránen lalista porcinco años. Sólose pueden registrar númerosde negociosa la lista"ElectricNo Call ."

Derecho a la privacidad: Salvo lo que se describe más abajo, los REPs no pueden entregar la información de cliente de su propiedad a ninguna otra persona sin su consentimiento. Esto incluye su nombre, domicilio, número de cuenta, tipo o clasificación el servicio, uso histórico de electricidad, patrones de uso esperados, tipos de instalaciones usadas para proveer el servicio, términos y condiciones contractuales individuales, precio, cargos actuales o registros de facturación. Esta prohibición no se aplica a la entrega de su información bajo determinadas circunstancias según lo permitido por la ley, incluyendo la entrega a la PUCT, a un agente de su REP, a agencias de informes de consumidores, a agencias de cumplimiento o a su TDSP. Un REP puede también compartir esta información con un tercero a los fines de comercializar los productos o servicios de ese tercero con usted después de que se le de a usted la oportunidad de optar por acceder a la entrega de su información. Además, esta prohibición no se aplica a la entrega de su uso histórico luego del pedido y de la autorización de un cliente actual o de un solicitante de un inmueble. Los clientes industriales y comerciales pueden comunicarse con su REP o TDSP e indicar que su uso histórico anterior es sensible por razones de competitividad con el fin de evitar la entrega de esta información.